Skip to main content

Thursday

We woke up this morning and went to the new property where we are building the new orphanage. I was a little confused about some things but I'm good now. Let me explain. Kekabu is where the old orphanage is right now. It has about 600-700 kids. It's actually two orphanages in one right now the new orphanage is in kachomo. These are little villages. As we pulled up the the new site, women and children greeted us. It too is in the middle of a little village. The grounds are really big and it's amazing to see what refuge and Thibodaux and our other friends on the trip have helped to build. We were able to walk on the land that refuge purchased for farming. Such a surreal moment to realize that if our community hadn't pitched in to purchase this, that this opportunity would be non existent. The people over the orphanage are so excited to learn about how to use farming gods way to cultivate the land for crops (www.farminggodsway.org) we were able to send four people to the training And i believe that this is an answer to the food issue here. We took lots of pictures, got on e bus and headed home. The trip was very long and I slept a lot of the way. I think we are all tired and ready to just be back at the hotel in Kampala.
I have gotten attached to a little boy named Matthew. He was with bishop the first day we met and I was told he was an orphan. Matthew is a sweet little boy that doesn't I dear stand any English. I just want to take him him home me. He is the best worshipper and prays his little heart out. I love to watch him. He is fascinated with my watch and today I gave it to him. It was like I gave him a million dollars. It lights up and he thinks this is the coolest thing. Saying goodbye to him was so hard. I cried like a baby. The fact that you don't know if he will be here when you get back is just heart wrenching. Because of the disease, it's not uncommon for some of the children to not make it. My heart hurt so bad. I said goodbye to him at the bishops house in Mbale but then realized he was coming to Kampala with us. I was excites that I didn't have to as good but then but when we got back to the hotel ( he was still wearing the watch btw)' we had to say goodbye. Again the fact of " will he make it" ran through my mind and I spoke it to someone. And they're then tell me that bishop had adopted him and this was the mathew that was on the 127 kids list ( list of bishops children). Well I lost it. He will make it. He's safe. He's loved. He's taken care of. The joy that I felt can't be put into words. I had a dream last night that we actually took him home with us. If I could, I would

We had to say goodbye to the bishops smaller children. Oh not fun. I love this place, the land the sites the beauty, but the sorrow is leaving these people. I have become so attached to the bishops children. They are my family and I feel that I'm leaving a piece of my heart here. I'm. Not looking forward to them dropping us tomorrow at the airport.

Our time is coming to a close here and I have mixed emotions. I'm ready to go home because I'm missing my friends and family. But I do not want to leave this place. I don't want to leave the bishops children. We've gotten so close and I feel like I've known them all my life. And I don't want to leave the people that came on this trip with me. I've made forever friends. We have all connected so well and I feel like we are all kindred spirits.

We leave at 3 for the airport. Please pray for safe travels and for the 30 hours of traveling. Lol

Jambo from Africa!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The big T

So I guess I've decided to keep going with this blog. Surprisingly, I'm finding that I like writing on this thing. My thoughts are mainly for me but maybe someone might feel the same about things and it helps to know you're not alone sometimes :) (At least for me it does) Ill try to keep it shorter than my blog from Africa though lol. So the big T. Wonder what that is? Transition. Spiritual transition. For me this word makes me want to cringe and be excited at the same time. My life has been in this faze for over a year now and it feels as though the emotions of it all are increasing daily. It's a mixture of excitement, wonder, and frustration all at once. Now I know frustration isn't what   god gives us but I've been feeling it. It's like I'm standing at the edge of the cliff wanting to jump, not sure what Im jumping into, but ready and not afraid, yet someone is holding my shirt and saying not yet. There's two things pulling me; knowing that t

What are we listening to?

I recently purchased this book called Women of the Word which was recommended to me by a friend.  It's a year long devotional of 52 women in the Bible.  I'm on week one and God is already using it to teach me.  EVE WHAT GOD SAID:  You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. WHAT EVE TOLD THE ENEMY GOD SAID:  We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and  you must not touch it,  or you will die." WHAT THE ENEMY TOLD EVE:  You will not certainly die,  for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. First -  Eve added to God's word. Second - so did the enemy. Seeing this leads me to ask two questions: 1. How often do I add to God's word based off o

Great Expectations

In four days I will be leaving for my second trip to Uganda.  This year is so different from last year.  I don't understand it but I'm more anxious this year than last year. (A good anxious though.)  Maybe it's because I know what I'm going into and I'm just so ready to get back to it.  I also feel like this is very different…..spiritually.  I know that my experiences will be very different from last year.  I have a few things that I want to take care of for Refuge so I'm going to work while I'm there.  But spiritually, this trip is on a whole other level.  God has been calling me to prayer for the children, Bishop and his family, the orphanage, and the people of Uganda more and more as we approach the day to leave.  I know there is a special calling on this trip---God's going to show up in a mighty way!  I feel like we not only have a physical mission, but that this trip's focus is more on a spiritual mission.  Please pray for us while we are there.