Skip to main content

Note To Self

This year I began reading Draw the Circle; The 40 Day Prayer Challenge.  It's a great book/devotional and I recommend it to everyone.  Here's a few things that God put in my spirit.  Let's just call this an open letter to myself because Lord knows I'm a hot mess and need to remember this stuff on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis.

There are a few things in my life that have been a continuous prayer for sometime.  I've often wondered if I'm like a broken record to God and he's up there thinking "Goodness Lacey! I heard you the first time!"  When I have this thought, I tend to back off a bit and just let Him be Him.  Part of it is because I lose faith and say I trust Him but really don't because it's not happening in the time I want it to happen in.  But by reading this book, I've changed.  The Bible says we are to go BOLDLY before our God.  It also says we have not because we ask not.  So basically, stop being shy or timid or scared or doubtful and ASK!

Sometimes God will push us to our absolute limit- the limits of our faith, of out patience, of our gifts.  That is how God stretches our faith and builds our character.

None of my dreams have happened quickly or easily. ...When you quit circling your prayers, you don't just compromise the present.  Every promise, every miracle, every blessing in your future is forfeited.

WOW!  Conviction!

What if the Israelites had stopped circling Jericho on the sixth day?  What if Moses told God NO that he would not speak to pharaoh because he was too scared? What if Noah questioned God or didn't have the relationship with Him that he needed to have to hear his voice?  In all of these situations, it took great faith and persistence and trust!  You don't think Noah got tired of being ridiculed or tired of being the only one to have heard His voice.  You don't think Moses was a bit scared to go into the Pharaohs throne room knowing he wasn't a "speaker?"  What about Abraham who continually said he would follow God and then was asked to sacrifice HIS PROMISE - ISAAC!  And the Israelites-  After a few days of walking around a city, ever wonder if they thought "This is crazy! Nothings happening?"

These situations seemed impossible.  But these men of God fought through the lack of understanding.  They trusted. Simply that.  And I'm sure they had multiple talks with the big man upstairs during the situations.  Abraham didn't understand what was going on, but he trusted.  Noah had never heard of rain, but he trusted. Moses had to go before the pharaoh with a speech issue, but he trusted.  All of these men trusted.

So what does that have to do with praying prayers boldly and often.  TRUST!  At least for me.  I have to trust that He knows what He's doing. I have to trust in the authority He's given me as his child.  I have to trust that my prayers change things.  I have to trust in a faith that sometimes waivers but is also said can move mountains.  I have to persist and trust that my God will answer my prayers whether the answer be yes, no, or not now.  My future, my miracles, my promises, my blessings (all of which are given to me by Him and are only possible because of Him) depend on my persistence and my trust.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are we listening to?

I recently purchased this book called Women of the Word which was recommended to me by a friend.  It's a year long devotional of 52 women in the Bible.  I'm on week one and God is already using it to teach me.  EVE WHAT GOD SAID:  You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. WHAT EVE TOLD THE ENEMY GOD SAID:  We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and  you must not touch it,  or you will die." WHAT THE ENEMY TOLD EVE:  You will not certainly die,  for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. First -  Eve added to God's word. Second - so did the enemy. Seeing this leads me to ask two questions: 1. How often do I add to God's word based off o

The big T

So I guess I've decided to keep going with this blog. Surprisingly, I'm finding that I like writing on this thing. My thoughts are mainly for me but maybe someone might feel the same about things and it helps to know you're not alone sometimes :) (At least for me it does) Ill try to keep it shorter than my blog from Africa though lol. So the big T. Wonder what that is? Transition. Spiritual transition. For me this word makes me want to cringe and be excited at the same time. My life has been in this faze for over a year now and it feels as though the emotions of it all are increasing daily. It's a mixture of excitement, wonder, and frustration all at once. Now I know frustration isn't what   god gives us but I've been feeling it. It's like I'm standing at the edge of the cliff wanting to jump, not sure what Im jumping into, but ready and not afraid, yet someone is holding my shirt and saying not yet. There's two things pulling me; knowing that t

Great Expectations

In four days I will be leaving for my second trip to Uganda.  This year is so different from last year.  I don't understand it but I'm more anxious this year than last year. (A good anxious though.)  Maybe it's because I know what I'm going into and I'm just so ready to get back to it.  I also feel like this is very different…..spiritually.  I know that my experiences will be very different from last year.  I have a few things that I want to take care of for Refuge so I'm going to work while I'm there.  But spiritually, this trip is on a whole other level.  God has been calling me to prayer for the children, Bishop and his family, the orphanage, and the people of Uganda more and more as we approach the day to leave.  I know there is a special calling on this trip---God's going to show up in a mighty way!  I feel like we not only have a physical mission, but that this trip's focus is more on a spiritual mission.  Please pray for us while we are there.