Skip to main content

Yay though I walk THROUGH...

When I sit down to write, I write my heart - what I love, where I've been, where God has taken me, and what He's taking me through. I feel sometimes that the "theme" of my posts are the same but I guess that's where He has me right now, in this season.  So if you get bored, I apologize.  I can only write my heart and hope just one word will cause someone to feel that they aren't the only ones going through the same things, praying the same prayers, hoping for the same things.  So with that, here's a glimpse of the journey He has me on lately.

I'd like to share my devotion yesterday.  Boy did it put me in my place - but it was exactly what I needed to hear.

"My child, do not expect the trials to be lighter than in the past.  Why should you think the tests would be less severe?  I test all things, and there are areas of your life that as yet I have not touched. (Oh boy!) Do not look for respite. The days ahead may call for greater endurance and more robust faith than you ever needed before. Welcome this, for you must surely know how precious are the lessons learned through such experiences.  Even if you are unable to fully anticipate them with joy, you can certainly gain an appropriate appreciation of them in retrospect."

Just what you want to hear when God is changing everything in you.

When I was little, I remember my legs aching at night causing me to loose sleep.  My mom would come in and tell me they were just growing pains and they would soon go away.  Our bodies go through growing pains when we go through a growth spirt, but so do our spirits.  We are made of body and spirit.  We have a natural man and a spiritual man.  God takes care of your physical growth but he also takes care of our spiritual growth---if we let him.  Just like natural growing pains, we have spiritual growing pains.  You will never get to the place where God is calling you unless you go through pain, trials, struggles, and tests.  They will hurt and you will want to pray for a way out but we must go through them.

Look at a body builder and his muscles.  They didn't get large because he constantly day in and day out lifts the same amount of weight.  No. He had to gradually increase the resistance to grow his muscles.  It's the same in the spiritual.  He will give us tests and trials to build out resistance, to grow us, to cause us to lean on Him, to learn His ways, and to learn how to be better, to be close to Him.  We will learn through our trials what we are capable of, but most importantly, we learn who He is.  You see, we may not give in during the first trial, or the second, or the third.  But there will come a time, a circumstance, where it will cause you to cry out to Him because He is the only answer.  And this, my friend, is exactly where He wants you to be.  He wants you to rely on Him. He wants to be your everything. He wants to be the answer to your prayer.  And when we move over, and allow Him to be Him, our faith grows because we realize He will never leave us or forsake us!

The Bible says, "Yay though I WALK THROUGH the valley of the Shadow of death, I will fear no evil."  When I read yesterdays devotion and I read Do not look for respite, this scripture came to mind.  I had some things going on the other day and I found myself wanting to scream GET ME OUT!!! but something in me knew better.  I had to WALK THROUGH this valley.  I have to.  I need to learn, to grow, to go into the next level with God.  It's the only way for me.  And through it all, through all the hard places, I have hope because I know that there will be something great on the other side of it.  He's got something planned for me that is beyond my wildest imagination.  How do I know this? Because I've been through a valley before.  It was hard. It was lonely. And I screamed to let me out.  But when I got to the other side, there was a miracle, a blessing, a new level.  After one valley, my parents gave their lives to God!  He did it for me before and He will do it again because that's who He is.  He never leaves me. He never forsakes me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are we listening to?

I recently purchased this book called Women of the Word which was recommended to me by a friend.  It's a year long devotional of 52 women in the Bible.  I'm on week one and God is already using it to teach me.  EVE WHAT GOD SAID:  You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. WHAT EVE TOLD THE ENEMY GOD SAID:  We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and  you must not touch it,  or you will die." WHAT THE ENEMY TOLD EVE:  You will not certainly die,  for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. First -  Eve added to God's word. Second - so did the enemy. Seeing this leads me to ask two questions: 1. How often do I add to God's word based off o

The big T

So I guess I've decided to keep going with this blog. Surprisingly, I'm finding that I like writing on this thing. My thoughts are mainly for me but maybe someone might feel the same about things and it helps to know you're not alone sometimes :) (At least for me it does) Ill try to keep it shorter than my blog from Africa though lol. So the big T. Wonder what that is? Transition. Spiritual transition. For me this word makes me want to cringe and be excited at the same time. My life has been in this faze for over a year now and it feels as though the emotions of it all are increasing daily. It's a mixture of excitement, wonder, and frustration all at once. Now I know frustration isn't what   god gives us but I've been feeling it. It's like I'm standing at the edge of the cliff wanting to jump, not sure what Im jumping into, but ready and not afraid, yet someone is holding my shirt and saying not yet. There's two things pulling me; knowing that t

Great Expectations

In four days I will be leaving for my second trip to Uganda.  This year is so different from last year.  I don't understand it but I'm more anxious this year than last year. (A good anxious though.)  Maybe it's because I know what I'm going into and I'm just so ready to get back to it.  I also feel like this is very different…..spiritually.  I know that my experiences will be very different from last year.  I have a few things that I want to take care of for Refuge so I'm going to work while I'm there.  But spiritually, this trip is on a whole other level.  God has been calling me to prayer for the children, Bishop and his family, the orphanage, and the people of Uganda more and more as we approach the day to leave.  I know there is a special calling on this trip---God's going to show up in a mighty way!  I feel like we not only have a physical mission, but that this trip's focus is more on a spiritual mission.  Please pray for us while we are there.