Skip to main content

Love Letter

I love you. I want you to know how much I love you. Words are inadequate in explaining how happy you make me. You are my everything and I love being able to call you mine.  I love everything about you. The way that you care, the way that you love, and yes, even your faults.  I watch you.  I see the things that hurt you and I see the things that you struggle with. And when that happens, I just want to take you in my arms and hold you.  I love when you let me.  When you are not near, I miss you. When you don't spend time with me, I miss you. I hate spending one day away from you.  I hope you know how much I love you.   You sometimes beat yourself up for not begin perfect, but I know you're not perfect.  And if you mess up, it's ok.  My love will cover that.  I see through your faults. I see the women that you are and that you will be. Since the day you acknowledged me, I have felt your love. When you do all you can to please me, I know that you love me.  I want to be in your life forever and I hope you feel the same way too. Love, Jesus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been studying Song of Solomon lately and have been so overwhelmed with how He loves me.  How many times have I said He loves me, but how often do I really understand what that really means.  This past few weeks, He's given me a sneak peak at His love for me and I'm speechless.  

It's not a secret that I'm single.  And it can get lonely. I mean let's just be honest. Staying at home every night alone gets old.  But I've been praying "Lord, fill those gaps.  I want to long to be in your presence more than I long to be in man's.  I want to have an relationship with you and hear your voice so clearly.  I want to know you, know your ways, and just be in your presence.  I want to understand how much you love me."  And as always, He doesn't disappoint.  He's revealing to me His love for me---for M-E.  Not my friend, not my pastor, but ME.  How could I have ever felt alone.  How could I have ever wanted more.  I just sit and cry at how much he loves me and how humbled I am to be called His.  

The Song of Solomon is pretty racy for the Bible.  Once I began studying it I was a bit shocked.  But it's also a love affair.  It's also a picture of how he loves us. We are His bride which means He sees us like a newlywed sees his wife.  There's a longing to be together.  They notice all the wonderful things about each other. They are so deep into their own little world that no one else exists.  Just him and her.  And that's what I've been praying. Lord, let me be in your world where no one else exists. I just want to love Him and feel His love for me. I want to get to know the deep places of who He is.  But through praying that, He's beginning to reveal how much He loves me and what I mean to Him.  To Him, only I exist.  He made me. He knows EVERYTHING about me.  He has made it His business to be mine when I allow Him to be mine.  And I want that so much. 

He gave me this love letter idea a few days ago. Since Valentine's is coming up, what's better than getting a love letter from Jesus.  Flowers are nice too.......oh wait..he's given those to me too :)  He did create them after all :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are we listening to?

I recently purchased this book called Women of the Word which was recommended to me by a friend.  It's a year long devotional of 52 women in the Bible.  I'm on week one and God is already using it to teach me.  EVE WHAT GOD SAID:  You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. WHAT EVE TOLD THE ENEMY GOD SAID:  We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and  you must not touch it,  or you will die." WHAT THE ENEMY TOLD EVE:  You will not certainly die,  for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. First -  Eve added to God's word. Second - so did the enemy. Seeing this leads me to ask two questions: 1. How often do I add to God's word based off o

The big T

So I guess I've decided to keep going with this blog. Surprisingly, I'm finding that I like writing on this thing. My thoughts are mainly for me but maybe someone might feel the same about things and it helps to know you're not alone sometimes :) (At least for me it does) Ill try to keep it shorter than my blog from Africa though lol. So the big T. Wonder what that is? Transition. Spiritual transition. For me this word makes me want to cringe and be excited at the same time. My life has been in this faze for over a year now and it feels as though the emotions of it all are increasing daily. It's a mixture of excitement, wonder, and frustration all at once. Now I know frustration isn't what   god gives us but I've been feeling it. It's like I'm standing at the edge of the cliff wanting to jump, not sure what Im jumping into, but ready and not afraid, yet someone is holding my shirt and saying not yet. There's two things pulling me; knowing that t

Great Expectations

In four days I will be leaving for my second trip to Uganda.  This year is so different from last year.  I don't understand it but I'm more anxious this year than last year. (A good anxious though.)  Maybe it's because I know what I'm going into and I'm just so ready to get back to it.  I also feel like this is very different…..spiritually.  I know that my experiences will be very different from last year.  I have a few things that I want to take care of for Refuge so I'm going to work while I'm there.  But spiritually, this trip is on a whole other level.  God has been calling me to prayer for the children, Bishop and his family, the orphanage, and the people of Uganda more and more as we approach the day to leave.  I know there is a special calling on this trip---God's going to show up in a mighty way!  I feel like we not only have a physical mission, but that this trip's focus is more on a spiritual mission.  Please pray for us while we are there.