Skip to main content

Change of plans

Change of plans

So you have to go with the flow when you are on a trip to Africa. Our plane was delayed one hour in Ethiopia and when we finally got on the plan we were exhausted. Thankfully it was not a full flight so I grabbed a middle row and fell asleep. I was woken up to the news that we were not taking off: mechanical problems. So we got off and waited. Most of us tried to sleep and when I finally fell into a deep sleep we were woken up to eat lunch. All together, we left 6 or so hours later. When we finally got in the plane we were so exhausted and I crashed. I had no problem sleeping on this flight.

We touched down in Entebbe and it was the best feeling - almost like being home. Everyone met us at the airport and it was so good seeing them. They too had been waiting for us to arrive since 11am-- it was now about 6pm. We hugged and introduced everyone. So many on our trip are newbies. There's only a handful of us who have been before. Still haven't gotten to know the others but when you're that tired no one wants to chit chat.

We arrived at the Tandum hotel and ate. There are levels of exhaustion and at this point we were at the level of delirium. I fell asleep on the table while waiting for our food. The weather isn't too bad. There's still a coolness in the air but not as much as I would like. I took a melatonin and I have no idea what happened after that. Lol. I'll have to ask Maresha if I said anything crazy. I was out! And slept the whole night very comfortably.

Since our plane was delayed, we will lose one day at the orphanage. :( we will stay at Tandum one more night. Today we will go to the market to souvenir shop and meet up with another group that will arrive today. We will leave for Mbale tomorrow. Internet service is down in our hotel and I'm praying that we can get some service at some point.

Can't wait to be there.

Sent from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are we listening to?

I recently purchased this book called Women of the Word which was recommended to me by a friend.  It's a year long devotional of 52 women in the Bible.  I'm on week one and God is already using it to teach me.  EVE WHAT GOD SAID:  You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. WHAT EVE TOLD THE ENEMY GOD SAID:  We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and  you must not touch it,  or you will die." WHAT THE ENEMY TOLD EVE:  You will not certainly die,  for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. First -  Eve added to God's word. Second - so did the enemy. Seeing this leads me to ask two questions: 1. How often do I add to God's word based off o

Great Expectations

In four days I will be leaving for my second trip to Uganda.  This year is so different from last year.  I don't understand it but I'm more anxious this year than last year. (A good anxious though.)  Maybe it's because I know what I'm going into and I'm just so ready to get back to it.  I also feel like this is very different…..spiritually.  I know that my experiences will be very different from last year.  I have a few things that I want to take care of for Refuge so I'm going to work while I'm there.  But spiritually, this trip is on a whole other level.  God has been calling me to prayer for the children, Bishop and his family, the orphanage, and the people of Uganda more and more as we approach the day to leave.  I know there is a special calling on this trip---God's going to show up in a mighty way!  I feel like we not only have a physical mission, but that this trip's focus is more on a spiritual mission.  Please pray for us while we are there.

First full day

I've learned a few things during this short time here 1. Ugandans do not view time like we do lol. We were supposed to leave for 11 or 12 but didn't get out of here till 2. Ugandans don't really rush about like we do. There's no time schedule just a "round about" time. It's so laid back and there doesn't seem to be much stress at all about sticking to a schedule. It's kinda nice. 2. I want a motorbike. Not like a harley but a bike like the ugandans have. Everyone has them around here. They fit up to three grown men in one bike. I think it would be neat to ride around Thibodaux on one of these. I'd save on gas :) 3. Red dirt stains. My hands are a " I stayed in the tanning bed a little too long" shade of orange. The dirt is a beautiful deep burnt orange. Picture do not do it justice. 4. It's not "as hot as Africa". The weather has been really nice and I am not dying of heat stroke. 5. I don't NEED all the stu